I’ve flirted with a glut of Samsung smartphone products (I really did love you, at one point, Samsung Galaxy Note 2…) but nothing (honestly!) compared to an iPhone. Period.
This post is subjective (well, kind of), but I don’t care. Love was never an objective thing, and frankly never will be.
19 reasons why I love this phone? Here they are:
1. iOS is just a work of art. The whole process is buttery smooth. iOS 9.3 is a technological masterpiece. The phone and software work is symbiotic fashion. It’s truly a well-fitting glove.
2. Touch ID is super fast. I mean it’s really really really fast. And the best part? It works even when my fingers are wet!
3. Reading ebooks is such an intuitive experience. I’m a bookworm; I never thought that I’d choose an ebook over a ‘real’ book. Oh but guess what?
4. 3D Touch makes multitasking a cinch.
5. The screen size is just awesome. It’s perfect for gaming, and great for surfing.
6. The camera is cool. I love the 4K video features plus the various filters that the camera already comes installed with.
7. My iPhone 6S Plus has NEVER crashed. My Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Well, that’s a different story with a very bad ending.
8. This iPhone has fallen once, twice, thrice etc. My Galaxy just fell down once…and died.
9. Damn it, this device is so versatile. I mean here I am procrastinating, and writing this on the iPhone!
10. Have you seen the iPhone 6S Plus?! It’s goddamn sexy! It’s so smooth, it’s crazy, man! It’s big without being clunky; it’s wide without being ‘in-handleable’; and pulling it out of your pocket at any function makes me feel as if I’m on the hottest date ever.
11. Everyone is a little bit jealous when they know you’ve got a top-of-the-range iPhone, and everyone else is armed with something-Android-whatever. Pull it out when you’re at a business meeting, and it’s equivalent to you having parked a Merc in front of their noses.
12. Using Pages and Numbers is really really easy. Believe it or not, I write all my articles on this phone, and the experience is great.
13. The App Store is a comprehensive temple of amazing apps. Love it. Can’t live without it.
14. Live Photos offer an ephemeral and memorable moment that’s something I truly treasure.
15. It’s not an iPhone 6. I don’t even consider it an upgrade just because there’s a S at the end. As far as I’m concerned it’s an iPhone 7. It’s beautiful. Period.
16. That screen, though! The resolution is ultra cool. If Steve Jobs were alive, I know this device would’ve made him proud.
17. Ironic, I know, but there’s a lot about Google that I like. For instance, Google Maps, Hangouts, and Sheets. Dare I say it? Ok I will. Google apps look and feel better on my iPhone.
18. The iPhone is crap: the iPhone 5S, that is. It was small, and the battery was horrendous. It lasted for as long as a bottle of Lion Lager, which was around 10 seconds. This iPhone? The 6S Plus lasts well over 12 hours with some serious multitasking, game playing, YouTube, and productivity tasks going on.
19. It’s durable and reliable. All my iPhones were. I really wish I could say this about other smartphones.
As mentioned, this post is biased. What do you expect? I’m an Apple fanboy. But do tell us in the comments on your experiences with your smartphone. Who’s first?